In our eyes, increased productivity leads to an overall happier life. We all know the upsetting feeling when you get to the end of the day and have only accomplished half the items on your to-do list. You can leave work feeling discouraged, tired, and let’s be real, not very happy. You start to ask yourself, “how can I be more effective at work?” To make that a thing of the past, we put together a list of easy ways to help you work smarter not harder. Here are 7 tips on how to be more productive at work:
- Avoid multitasking – We hear time and time again how multitasking makes it difficult for our brain to process information. Try focusing on one project at a time so you can more effectively complete the task at hand. That way you can give all of your attention to making the one project the best it can be and, therefore, be more productive at work.
- Wear Blue Light filtering glasses – Being productive at work can be challenging when you don’t feel your best. Eliminating screen-induced eye strain, blurry vision, or headaches is a quick way to heighten productivity. Felix Gray’s Blue Light blocking and anti-glare glasses reduce stress on your eyes allowing you to work more productively.
- Use the 20/20/20 rule – If you forget to wear your glasses that filter Blue Light the 20/20/20 rule can also help reduce eye strain. It simply means every 20 minutes, look away from your screen and stare at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This can help to reduce strain on your eyes and make you feel overall better so you can focus on your work. This trick can help you be more productive at work and do your best work.
- Stay hydrated – Now, we all know how strong water intake helps our physical health. Though, you might not realize it, staying hydrated impacts your brain and helps improve concentration and cognition. Staying focused on your tasks for the day is a top tip for how to be an effective worker. Drinking water is an important and easy way to increase productivity.
- Use a proper work station – Whether you use a good chair with posture support or opt for a standing desk to help reduce stress, make sure you’re setting yourself up for success with a good desk setup. You do your best work when you feel comfortable and at ease. This is just one of many ways how to be a more productive worker.
- Turn off notifications – We all know how distracting it can be to have your phone constantly lighting up next to you while you’re trying to finish an important project. It is hard to disconnect for elongated periods of time because we are so used to checking in constantly. To resist the urge to check every new notification, try turning off notifications or turning your phone on silent when you’re working on completing a big project. So, unfortunately, one tip on how to be more effective at work is to get off Instagram and put down the phone.
- Get a good night’s sleep – While we might hate to admit it…. everything starts with a good night’s sleep. Feeling rested is an important step in increasing your productivity so you can start the day feeling energized and ready to go. To fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer, check out Felix Gray’s amber sleep glasses that filter Blue Light and help increase melatonin levels.
Productivity is key to a good day at work. All of these better ways of working used alone or together can make your day much more productive which, in turn, will leave you feeling happier and ready for whatever comes your way! If you’re trying to figure out how can you be more productive at work, use these ways to be more effective at work to power through your day.